Choose a Region
Find Somewhere to Stay
Find Somewhere to go
Find Out What's On
Find Things To do
Donkey Sanctuary of Canada
Spend a day at the beautiful Donkey Sanctuary Farm! Meet and interact with these gentle equines, hike the woodland trails, enjoy a picnic by the pond. Donations accepted to help care for 90+ donkeys who were abused, abandoned, or needed a new home.
What can you do when you get here?
1. Meet the donkeys in their world (prepare to fall in love)
2. Brush a donkey and discover the wonder of connecting with one of these marvelous animals.
3. Attend one of our Donkey Talks - scheduled on Open Days at 11:00 and 1:00 - and learn about this 'forgotten equine', their calm, sweet natures, and how much they have served humankind all over the world.
4.Sponsor a donkey for yourself or a friend. For $50 you receive pics and info and give a gift that truly matters.
5.Shop in our Long Ears Boutique - donkey jewelry, toys, books, pottery, and more.
Check out the website for special events (a 5k trail run or walk) and Donkey Day dates. Find us on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Hours of Operation : We will be open from May 1 to October 31, every Wednesday and Sunday, from 10 am - 4 pm (including statutory holidays which fall on Wednesdays or Sundays).
- Wheelchair Accessible : Yes