Choose a Region
Find Somewhere to Stay
Find Somewhere to go
Find Out What's On
Find Things To do
Georgina Pioneer Village & Archives
This 10 acre heritage village is home to several buildings interpreting Georgina’s history, including a one-room schoolhouse, a general store, a train station, a blacksmith shop, an apothecary & a backwoods log house (and more!).
Open for general admission the last Saturday in May until the last Sunday in August. Wednesday - Sunday, 10am-5pm. Admission by donation except for special events.
Heritage camps, tours, & special events:
- May: Rise to Rebellion: An Interactive Re-creation of the 1837 Rebellion (Grade 7 students; by registration through schools only);
- July 1: True 19th-century style Canada Day celebrations
- September: Harvest Festival with vintage farm equipment display, food, crafts, music, apple cider & historical demos.
-October: One Dark Night offers ghost investigations and psychic exploration; Family Fright Fiesta is spooky fun for the whole family.
- November: Old Fashioned Christmas - Enjoy the sights, sounds & smells of an early settler Xmas.
Visit the extensive archival collection of council records as well as personal family documents, including land records, photographs, scrapbooks, diaries & related items too. Year round- by appointment only.
- Hours of Operation : late May - late August; Wednesday-Sunday 10am-5pm
- Customer Reviews: 0
- Wheelchair Accessible : No