Choose a Region
Find Somewhere to Stay
Find Somewhere to go
Find Out What's On
Find Things To do
Early December through early January, landmark sites across Ottawa are aglow with thousands of LED Christmas lights in the spectacular Christmas Lights Across Canada program.
* 300,000 dazzling Christmas lights glow at over 60 sites throughout downtown Ottawa.
* Parliament Hill is a must-see stop on any tour of the lights, with tens of thousands of bulbs lighting its historic buildings.
* The switch is flipped at an official illumination ceremony open to the public that includes carols and on-site performances.
* The program was launched in1985 as a way to liven up the darkest of winter days.
* The program extends from the Capital to all provincial and territorial capitals in the country.
* Many visitors schedule holiday shopping trips to Ottawa in time to see the lights.