Choose a Region
Find Somewhere to Stay
Find Somewhere to go
Find Out What's On
Find Things To do
Moore Museum - heritage village
With 12 historic and exhibit buildings, Moore Museum offers something to engage everyone’s interest. Spend an hour or two exploring all we have to offer…
Take a stroll around our heritage village and discover the life and work of the past:
* explore our community’s agricultural roots with intriguing displays of antique farm implements.
* understand the valuable link the railroad provided for the early residents of our area as you visit the former Mooretown railroad station and the wooden caboose, furnished and equipped for the train’s next departure.
* appreciate modern medicine as you view early 20th century doctors’ equipment and pharmaceutical remedies.
* discover the differences and similarities of education over the years in the one-room schoolhouse.
* realize the challenges of work on the Great Lakes waterway through models, equipment and photographs in the marine room.
* learn about the lifestyles of past generations in the log cabin and Victorian cottage.
* see the tools of the trade in the blacksmith shop, job printing press shop and harness shop.
A highlight, which opened in 2013 and continues to be updated, is the Lionel model train exhibit. The travelling display used by the Lionel company to promote their products forms the basis of this exhibit room. Visitors are able to run the "S", "O" and "G" gauge trains by push button. The whole family will enjoy this engaging display!
- Hours of Operation : March & April – 9 am to 4 pm – Mon. to Fri. May to August –11 am to 5 pm – Friday through Tuesday Sept. to mid-Dec.- 9 am to 4 pm - Mon. to Fri. Closed Easter weekend, Victoria Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving and Remembrance Day.
- Customer Reviews: 0
- Wheelchair Accessible : Yes