12 Cool Things That You Can Only Find in Ontario
By Shari & Elisa Wednesday, July 5, 2017
Ontario is a hot tourist destination, with something for every age, income level, taste & interest. Some of Ontario’s highlights are Toronto, one of the most popular cities in North America, the Muskoka Lakes Region, recognized by National Geographic Traveler as one of the best places to visit in the world, and of course, Niagara Falls. But even though those are some of the best known, they are only a small slice of all Ontario has to offer, and you probably don’t have a clue just how much there actually is here!
That’s why Summer Fun Guide features thousands of things to do and places to stay across the province. The easy-to-use online guide helps visitors find great attractions, events, resorts and things to do in Ontario, divided into 7 regions and 16 categories for easy access. From its extensive database of things to do and see in Ontario, Summer Fun Guide has put together a list of a dozen attractions that can only be found here; things that are “only in Ontario”.
- Sandbanks Provincial Park (Prince Edward County) — Largest freshwater sand dunes in the world
- Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition — Largest outdoor art exhibition in Canada
- L & A County Dark Sky Viewing Area (Napanee area) — Most southerly point in Ontario where the night sky is pristine, offering a night sky experience very similar to what was available more than 100 years ago
- Canadian Museum of History (Ottawa)– Largest indoor collection of totem poles in the world
- Trent-Severn Waterway (btw Trenton & Port Severn)– Tallest hydraulic lift locks in the world
- Wasaga Beach (near Collingwood) — World’s longest freshwater beach
- Bird Kingdom at the Niagara Falls Aviary (Niagara Falls Ontario)– World’s largest, free-flying indoor aviary
- Casa Loma (Toronto) – North America’s only real, full size castle
- Canadian Canoe Museum (Peterborough) – World’s largest collection of Canoes
- Dynamic Earth – Home of the Big Nickel (Sudbury)- World’s largest coin
- Yonge Street (Ontario) – World’s longest street
- Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest – Largest Oktoberfest celebrations in the world outside Germany
You don’t need to travel the world to see the world’s biggest and best…we have it right here in Ontario!