Choose a Region
Find Somewhere to Stay
Find Somewhere to go
Find Out What's On
Find Things To do
Royal Canadian Mint Tours
The Royal Canadian Mint produces some of the world's most stunning collectible coins. The Mint’s hand-crafted collector and commemorative coins, gold bullion coins, medals and medallions are produced in a state-of-the-art facility with advanced engineering operations.
Join us for an interactive, guided tour featuring displays & behind-the-scenes looks at the facilities in Ottawa and Winnipeg. Browse thourgh our boutique where you can shop for collector coins, gifts, souvenirs and an exclusive line of Royal Canadian Mint clothing.
The Royal Canadian Mint's headquarters occupy the historic building in central Ottawa where the Mint was founded in 1908. This is where the master tooling is done to create the dies that strike coin designs for both circulation and commemorative issues. The Mint's gold refining and advanced engineering operations are also located here in Ottawa.
Plan your visit to the Ottawa Mint:
• Learn how coins are made by joining an interactive guided tour with one of the friendly tour guides (English or French)
• See the famous Vancouver 2010 athlete medals
• Learn about the record-breaking Million Dollar Coin – the largest coin ever produced
• Hold a solid gold bar that's worth over $750,000
Other Nearby Attractions:
The Mint is within walking distance to many popular Ottawa attractions including the National Gallery of Canada and the Byward Market.
To book your 45-minute tour, call (613) 993-8990 or 1-800-276-7714 (toll-free)
- Hours of Operation : Tours offered: Monday to Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wheelchair Accessible : No