6 Places to go Glamping in Ontario
By Shari & Elisa Thursday, August 17, 2017
Have you heard of Glamping? It’s a relatively new term used to describe upscale camping and Ontario has become a hotbed of cool new glamping options. Ontario is a gorgeous place, and enjoying its natural surroundings in a tent is wonderful, but some people just like to have nice sheets and soft towels and plain old camping does not suffice! Check out some of the parks for ideas of where to head and then investigate some of these glamping options:
1. Long Point Eco-Adventures offers lots of outdoor adventure options from boat tours to axe throwing but they also provide luxury glamping & pod camping accommodations which are unique to Ontario!
2. Elements Luxury Tented Camp in Renfrew is Ontario’s all-inclusive glamping resort. Have you ever had a wilderness butler? There is also hotel bedding, fireside meals, in-suite fireplaces & off-grid washrooms.
3. Northridge Inn & Resort in Sundridge offers several glamping options ranging from a vintage Airstream to spacious tent suites. Stylish Muskoka style (and quality) tent decor allows you to vacation in luxury!
4. Moonlight Glamping in picturesque Elora has a range of accommodation options from furnished tipis to spacious tents. They also offer fun activities like river tubing, zip lining & moonlight yoga.
5. Fronterra Farm Camp & Brewery is the home of a brewery but it also offers Glamping on its Prince Edward County waterfront farm. Enjoy luxury tents with hardwood floors, ensuite bathroom, summer kitchen and outdoor hot shower.
6. Even Parks Canada has gotten into the glamping mix with its oTentiks, a cross between a tent and a rustic cabin found in several parks in Ontario. Each can accommodate up to 6 people and offers a great combination of comfort and outdoor adventure. Check out their yurts in Bruce Peninsula National Park too.
Camping is fun and woodsy and calm and rejuvenating and sometimes rough and dirty and uncomfortable. But we still love it. Glamping has all of the good parts of camping with none of the muss and fuss!
Find more Things to do & Places to stay in Ontario.
Shari & Elisa, Publishers – Summer Fun Guide